Monday, March 7, 2011

Stylish Fish Bowl

A few days ago, our family was given a Betta fish.  After being “pet less” for many years, our boys were super excited to welcome “Thunder” to our family.

Now that we had this fish in our house, I had to go out right away and find something to put it in.  I felt bad that it had to spend any time in a tiny plastic cup from the pet store so my mission was to find it a home as soon as possible.   I decided that it would reside on our newly transformed TV stand (more about that on my next blog post.)  I didn’t want just a regular fish bowl, the decorator in me wanted to find a bowl that would look good and fit in with our living room décor. 

I went out and found a nice large hurricane glass candle holder that I filled with blue and white glass stones which coordinate with the other blue tones throughout the room. The kids are happy with their new pet, Thunder seems content with his new home and I am pleased to add a little style, sophistication and a touch of beneficial  “chi” to our living room.

Thunder and his new home.  My husband Randy added a light underneath for a cool effect that we will bring out for special occasions.

Are you getting ready to sell your home?  Home staging prepares your house for the market and
intrigues buyer interest.  Get you house from "for sale" to SOLD in record time.  Contact kim@bestagedorlando.com for more info.

  Be Staged...Be Sold!

3 comments:

  1. All bettas should be this lucky to have such a stylish home to live in. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stylish fish bowl. Very chic and fancy love the light too really adds some ambianace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style and creativity Kim. Your gift allows you to welcome people into your lovely home filled with a flare of colour and balanced energy. As soon as your front door is open a person knows what season we're in. You learned from the best----your mother. Keep on staging!! Love you Mom

    ReplyDelete