Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring Is In The Air

It’s that wonderful time of year for us here in Central Florida.  The buzz and energy of our spring season has graciously arrived.  The weather is warming up, the birds are chirping and hopefully the last of the cold winter weather is behind us.  This means it’s soccer and baseball season for my boys as well as the time to update my outdoor potted plants from winter to spring. I usually change the planters on either side of my front door 4 time’s a year, at the start of every season.

I have replaced my sad-looking creamy butter-colored poinsettias with some bright plum colored Kalanchoe annuals and added a border of white Impatiens for some contrast.  This blends exceptionally with the exterior colors on my home as well as with the adjoining furniture on my front porch.
Before
After

So for less than $15, I have a welcoming front door that has a fresh new look for a fresh new season!  Happy spring everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Kim - great post! You are so right. A small inexpensive change of plants make a bright and cheerful addition to curb appeal!
    Barb Heathcote

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barb! Don't you just love curb appeal?

    ReplyDelete