Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Out Of The Jungle, and Into Our Living Room!

Recently, we got rid of our old big and boxy TV and upgraded to a fancy new flat screen in our living room.  Unfortunately, our new TV didn't fit in the old TV unit so we just kind of put it on top of our sofa table as a "temporary" fix.  We had looked into getting one of those huge wall units which I liked very much but they also came with a huge price. 
As you can see in the before picture, the sofa table had zero storage and looked very messy.


Having the new TV sitting on a sofa table against a very large wall in our living room just was not working for me so I decided to take action and turned to Craigslist to see what I could find.  After weeks of searching I believed that I had found the perfect piece of furniture for our living room.  It was made of quality wood and was long enough to balance out our big wall. It had lots of storage and also came with a thick glass top (big bonus!).  As soon as I saw it in person I knew this would be perfect for our living room. Unfortunately it was painted dark brown with an animal print border and had brass hardware but I instantly saw the potential.


It has been sanded, primed and painted black. The center doors were removed and molding was added around the perimeter and alongside the center.  I also replaced the brass hardware with glass drawer knobs to update the look. We paid $60 for the dresser and spent another $50 for paint, supplies and hardware. So for $110 I have reused and re-purposed a great piece of furniture that we so desperately needed. So here it is, from jungle beast to clean and contemporary. Now our living room is complete!




 Are you getting ready to put your house on the market?  Having trouble finding renters?  Does your home need a new look and feel?  I can help.  
Contact me at kim@bestagedorlando.com  
 BE STAGED...BE SOLD!




9 comments:

  1. Kim, it's fantastic!! You are so creative, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "after" picture. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim - this looks fantastic and now you have some extra storage to boot! Awesome job love your ideas and transformations keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!! So much more space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a transformation! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks Awesome Kim. You did a great job (as always) It looks like a brand new expensive piece of furniture. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, you've done it again---great job!! Love to hire you anytime. With imagination and passionate work, miracles can happen to an object. A fan from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for all the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Kim you are so talented this is awesome. I need you to come help me at home!

    ReplyDelete