Friday, March 23, 2012

Hello Hollywood!!!

Well here it is, the results of my most recent project, a master bedroom makeover in tones of gray, purple, silver, black and white. This room was somewhat neglected with 9 years of having little ones in and out of the bedroom, so it was time to focus on the parents and get rid of the toddler bed. (Yes, there actually was a toddler bed sitting in the corner of the room!) My vision was to create a somewhat sophisticated Hollywood Glam look.

I tackled a lot of "firsts" during this room makeover. It was my first time re-upholstering anything (click here), first time making a head board (click here) first time creating artwork out of left overs(and I'm not talking about last night's pizza), first time sewing a bed skirt from scratch and altering curtains... or pretty much sewing anything! 
So here it is...I hope you enjoy the pictures.

 BEFORE
 DURING
The walls are painted "Proper Gray" by Sherwin Williams 
and the ceiling
is two-toned with Proper Gray and a shade lighter.
Like my outfit?


AFTER

 With the exception of the fireplace, everything was new or re-purposed. The bed was upgraded from a queen to a king size. The book shelf, shag area rug, bedding and lamps are all new and came from one of my favorite stores, Target.


The solid wood night stands, with two large storage drawers and a pull out table tray were purchased off of Craigslist from a lady who had never used them before. They were probably my best buy as I only paid $80 for the pair. Yippee! I love finding deals like that!
The following items got make overs...


I found the curtains at Marshall's for $14 for 2 panels so I purchased every last pair they had as I knew I wanted them to look full, and I definitely wanted to have extra long drapes in the archway to block off the way to the bathroom. This is where the sewing machine came in handy. I cut the curtains apart to make them long enough to go almost to the top of the ten foot ceiling.
Before

After the addition of extra fabric and liner to make it longer, thicker and fuller

 
This is the bed skirt that I sewed from scratch for only $6! The fabric matches the chair.

From This...
To This....
The artwork above the bed is completely made of leftover wood and cotton batting from the head board and pieces of leftover fabric from the curtains.

I think I brought a little Hollywood Glamour into this room...how about you?

I love doing room makeovers! If you need help in any area of your home, yard or are planning on selling (staged homes sell faster), feel free to connect with me so we can talk about how I can make your life easier.
www.BeStagedOrlando.com




.






3 comments:

  1. Kim - how pretty! The bedroom looks like Old Vintage and Gorgeous Hollywood! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Kim. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind comments Kelly and Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete