Thursday, March 8, 2012

$10 Chair Make Over

This chair went from this...

To this....
This was my first attempt at re-upholstering anything in my life, but I was up to the challenge and I'm glad I tried it. 
This chair has been in our bedroom for as long as I have know my husband.  Since I was making over our master bedroom and I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new chair, I decided that I would just change the fabric on it for a low-cost alternative. Luckily I found some cool, shimmery, silvery white fabric that only cost $2 a yard and I didn't make any mistakes with sewing or cutting the fabric (thank goodness!) so it  only took about 4 yards.  I also re-stained the wooden legs to match our new night stands.
My little helper removing some of the staples for me
Here I am carefully removing all the pieces of fabric from the chair. I marked each piece of fabric with a number so I would know what order to put it back on. I also took pictures through out the whole process which greatly helped when putting the new fabric back on.

Laying out all the old pieces on top of the new fabric and cutting out the new pattern
Here is a sneak peak at how the new chair looks accessorized with a pillow and fuzzy throw blanket in our new bedroom.
...all it took was $10, some effort, determination and a little patience to finish the project.

Stay tuned for my next blog to see how I made my own head board and the complete before and after bedroom makeover pictures.



2 comments:

  1. Kim, awesome job on the chair! Can't wait to see the rest of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Job Kime - you are so talented! Love the color scheme you got going on in your bedroom!

    ReplyDelete