Monday, June 6, 2011

Be Staged In Denver!

As I write this I am on an evening flight back to Orlando after a 4 day trip to Denver where I attended “STAGE”, an informative 3 day Home Staging event hosted by Marketing expert and Home Stager Karen Schaefer.

It was a jam packed 3 day event were we learned a lot about how to market our home staging business and even got a quick lesson on investing homes and how we can incorporate it with home staging. My fellow Stager Pro friends Barbara Heathcote gave an excellent talk on giving great client care, Mannie Tantawy talked about how to differentiate yourself as a home stager and also demonstrated her towel origami folding, and Mary Fitzgerald talked about marketing on a shoestring budget.  I even got to make a video for my new website, which was a little nerve wracking but I’m glad I tried it. Another bonus, my name was drawn and I won a "How To Market Your Home Staging Business On Line Training system." So I've got lots of information about marketing, which in fact, is what Home Staging is all about.
Me and Mannie, "The Staging Fashionista"

Barbara and I

APSD Founder Karen Schaefer and I
A few weeks ago, everyone with tickets to STAGE was invited to enter a contest for Best Marketing idea, Best Pocket of Emotion and Best Curb Appeal Before and After. Right before I had to rush out of there to catch my cab to the airport the announcement of the winners were made and guess who won for Best Curb Appeal? Yes, it was ME for my before and after photo submission of my front porch makeover! So, I am coming home with Vacant and Distressed home certification, a Best Curb Appeal award and a whole lot of information that I look forward to implementing into my home staging business.


A great time was had and I especially enjoyed catching up with some of my Stager Pro friends and connecting with many other wonderful APSD home stagers from all over the country. Such a fabulous group of people!
All our awesome APSD Certified trainers with Karen Schaefer

A great meal with some great friends!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again on the 2011 Curb Appeal Award! It was such a pleasure to meet you at STAGE. I'm already looking forward to next year!
    Keep up the great work and I can't wait to hear more about your successes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the Curb Appeal Award Kim!! That is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete